Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Little One

My nest has changed, quite dramatically!

In the beautiful March afternoon sun, my little one was born. Much to my surprise it was a boy!! We named him Noah Samuel. He was 8 lb. 0 oz. and 20 1/4 inches long. Sam and I didn't find out what we  were having, and my gut feeling was it would be a girl. Basically because I really truly wanted a boy, but I didn't want to get my hopes up (don't you love my reasoning there). I've always thought it would be lovely to have a big brother for the other little ones.

We had a homebirth with an amazing midwife. It was incredibly spiritual and real. By the grace of God everything went well, but I'll save that story for another day.

Noah is 3 1/2 months now and my world has been turned upside down. I have decided to be a full time momma, which means I quit my job as a 4th grade teacher. It has been pretty bittersweet. I had a great job! Let me take that back. I had the job. It was in one the best districts with wonderful kids, great parental support, and outstanding co-workers. If I was to follow the norm, I would have stayed. But I followed my heart (meaning I prayed and prayed and prayed) and my heart told me to stay with my baby. Even though I know I could have continued to work, maybe even part time, I don't want to miss the chance to be a mom. Maybe I'll go back one day. Probably. But for now I am learning motherhood. What a beautiful, interesting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment